Monday, May 21, 2012

A Gift Given, A Gift Received

Good Day Bonnie,

3 1/2 years ago you offered up on your blog the President's Horoscope. I got one and held onto it. I finally wove it in Bambu 12. I added your "Almost Ikat" (that I picked up from your You-tube instructions) to add a Southwest flair and 3 inch purple boarder. I, then, donated it to the local county Democratic Party for their fundraiser. It was a huge hit and raised $750 in their auction. Must say the warping took a lot of time, but the weaving was a breeze even with a rag shuttle for the doubled weft yarn.

The whole concept is such fun!!! I really loved working with the colors and seeing the combinations. Just that alone has given me some ideas of color choices for other projects. Thank God for digital cameras to record which ones I like best and add them to my notes.


Louisa

PS. I have really enjoyed your published work over the years. Your website gallery is terrific and inspirational to me. I am, and have been, a fan of your work. Thank you for reaching out so openly to weavers like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment